27 October 2005

California's Missing Vehicle Dilemma

http://www.telematicsjournal.com/content/topstories/982.html

Well, here we are folks, once again, another state who can't find a huge percentage of their vehicles.

The article I link to above actually promotes one of my competitors ... but I don't care. I'm so heartily sick of the head-in-the sand attitude of many of today's fleet managers that I don't care if they buy from a competitor, as long as the buy.

An average state vehicle represents an initial investment in the $20K range. Over the life of the vehicle the tax payer can count on spending that much and more in maintenance and fuel. Yet managers seem to think it's totally acceptable to have thousands of vehicles and hundreds of thousands of miles of use completely un-accounted for.

Next Tuesday I vote in a state election (Colorado) where the major ballot question regards letting the state keep a budget surplus that they are legally obligated to return to the tax payers. You just might be able to guess which way I am going to vote on that issue.

It's your tax dollar. Are you going to hold your state, county and city accountable, or are you going to let them play golf on the waste, which originally was yours?

No comments: