25 October 2005

Does Business Have A Profit Motive Or Are We Just Playing Golf And Not Caring

Whenever I hear about national problems, the economy, education, war in Iraq, massive hurricane damage in the South, high gas prices, hard roads to profit in business, etc., and whenever I look at my company's sales record and listen to the often mindless sales objections from some business owners when I show them where their profits are leaking away and show them how I can apply a life-saving band aid.

A great many business owners just want to ignore the benefits of GPS tracking and waste reduction/profit enhancement, but there's one always notable exception... Golf Course owners.

See: http://tinyurl.com/dpxz9

No matter what the state of the economy, the country's fortunes of war, the season (hello, winter is coming on), there's always money to cater to add-on luxuries. When it comes to the (so-called) game of golf, I'm kind of the Furio Gunta type .. "Stupid-a f*c*ing game" but I certainly need to think about re-tooling and focusing my marketing on an industry who can use GPS, but doesn't need it, rather than on small businessmen who need it but won't use it.

No comments: